We have two marathons taking place in Manchester this year.
The Manchester Marathon is on Manchester 3.4.22, and the Great Manchester Run is on 22.5.22.
Running a marathon requires one to train for several months to build cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength and agility.
Marathon training places different demands on the body and if done incorrectly, it can lead to various running-related injuries.
In our latest blog, we provide our Manchester Marathon Top Training Tips.
1. Why do I need specialised training for a marathon?
Your body is unique. Even a simple activity like running will pose different stresses or each one’s body differently depending on their personal stature, lifestyle and underlying conditions.
2. Common Injuries that could occur with incorrect training habits.
- Runner’s Knee
- Shin splints
- Ankle sprains
- Stress fractures
- Muscles injuries
- Achilles tendon pathology
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Blister, bunions, corn
3. What will the plan include?
- Thorough Assessment: History, Physical Examination of each body segment, Gait analysis, Run Analysis.
- Advice: Running posture, shoes, time, injury prevention, rest and recovery
- Weekly personalised plans with progression: Endurance plans, Strength training plan, Recovery plan.
- Sports massage sessions.
- Physiotherapy Management for any injuries that may occur along the way.
- Weaning off training plan
- Sports Recovery Massage.
- Advice: Weaning off, dealing with soreness, physical activity.
No matter whether you are a beginner or an advanced runner, you will face challenges when it comes to your training plan. We are here to help you train your best and have a successful marathon.